Public health expert Dr Giridhara R Babu talks to host Pavan Srinath about the deadly spread of the COVID-19 pandemic across India in 2021, on Episode 95 of the Thale-Harate Kannada Podcast.
[iframe src=’https://webplayer.adorilabs.com/IDQ4FDoyvH3GQaKL’ width=’100%’ height=’600′ frameborder=’0′ scrolling=’no’ allow=’autoplay’]
At the heart of most of public health is human behaviour. Dr Giridhara Babu and Pavan discuss how Bengaluru and Karnataka faced the pandemic last year, as well as what lessons were learnt and what systems got built. They discuss why a lot of last year’s learnings failed at containing the spread this summer.
Dr Giridhara Babu is a Professor at the Public Health Foundation of India, and has been actively working and advising governments at all levels since the COVID-19 pandemic began — at BBMP (Bengaluru), Karnataka and Government of India. You can learn more about his extensive work on COVID-19 at https://giridhar.org/covid-
Listen to past episodes of Thale-Harate on COVID-19:
- #84: ಕರೋನ ವ್ಯಾಕ್ಸೀನ್ ಬರುತ್ತಿದೆ! COVID-19 Vaccines are Coming.
- #71: ಕರೋನ ಮತ್ತು ನಮ್ಮ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯೆ. Karnataka & Bengaluru’s Response to COVID-19.
- #64: ಕರೋನ ವೃತ್ತಾಂತ. COVID-19 Biology, Testing & Cure.
- #62: ಕರ್ನಾಟಕಕ್ಕೆ ಕೊರೋನಾದ ಗಣಿತದ ಮಾದರಿ ಬೇಕು! Modeling COVID-19 for Karnataka.
- #61: ಕೊರೋನ – ವೈದ್ಯ. A Private Practitioner & COVID-19.
ಈಮೇಲ್ ಕಳಿಸಿ, send us an email at [email protected] and tell us what you think of the podcast. We cannot wait to hear from you. Thale-Harate is made possible thanks to the support of The Takshashila Institution and the Independent Public-Spirited Media Foundation (IPSMF).