Surya Prakash shares how the city of Bengaluru prepares its budget, and what the 2021 budget has in store for city residents.
[iframe src=’https://webplayer.adorilabs.com/Iwdb0E3463JBAHOi’ width=’100%’ height=’600′ frameborder=’0′ scrolling=’no’ allow=’autoplay’]
How much do governments spend on a megacity like Bengaluru? How does a city government budget look like? Surya Prakash talks to Pavan Srinath about the 2021 BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) budget on Episode 94 of the Thale-Harate Kannada Podcast.
They discuss how local government budgets have evolved, how the city government is budgeting when the elected corporators have completed their terms, and the long path ahead to improve how and how much we spend on Bengaluru’s many public needs.
- #90: ಕೊರೊನ ಕಾಲದ ಬಜೆಟ್. Karnataka Budget 2021.
- #86: ಭಾರತದ ಬಜೆಟ್ 2021. Budgeting during a Pandemic.
- #60: ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದ 2020 ಬಜೆಟ್. How does Karnataka Budget for a 250 Billion Dollar Economy?
- #9: ಭಾರತ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ 2019 ಬಜೆಟ್. India’s Budget Explained.
- #10: ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದ 2019 ಬಜೆಟ್. Karnataka’s Budget Matters More.
ಈಮೇಲ್ ಕಳಿಸಿ, send us an email at [email protected] and tell us what you think of the podcast. We cannot wait to hear from you. Thale-Harate is made possible thanks to the support of The Takshashila Institution and the Independent Public-Spirited Media Foundation (IPSMF).