This is Episode 119 of The Seen and the Unseen, the weekly podcast hosted by Amit Varma.
[iframe src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/9651350/height/90/width/640/theme/custom/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ff8200/” height=”90″ width=”640″]
Despite being a Congress spokesperson, economist Salman Soz was hopeful in 2014 that the Modi government would be good for India. As the title of his new book indicates, that turned out to be quite The Great Disappointment. Soz joins Amit Varma in episode 119 of The Seen and the Unseen to elaborate on the many economic failures of the Modi government. He also tackles tough questions on the Congress party.
Also check out:
1. The Great Disappointment — Salman Soz
2. India’s Lost Decade — Ep 116 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Puja Mehra)
3. DeMon, Morality and the Predatory Indian State — Ep 85 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Shruti Rajagopalan)
4. The Bad and Complex Tax — ep 74 of The Seen and the Unseen ( w Shruti Rajagopalan)
5. The Fraud of Indian Education — ep 77 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Amit Chandra)
6. The Importance of Cities — ep 108 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Reuben Abraham & Pritika Hingorani)
7. The State of Our Farmers — ep 86 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Gunvant Patil)
8. Beware of the Useful Idiots — Amit Varma
9. A Manifesto for Progress — Amit Varma
Follow The Seen and the Unseen on iTunes, Stitcher, and Tunein. You can also listen to us on Spotify and the Saavn app.