[iframe src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/10337303/height/90/width/640/theme/custom/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ff8200/” height=”90″ width=”640″]
Indian history is wild fun. Historian Manu Pillai joins Amit Varma in episode 127 of The Seen and the Unseen to regale him with stories from his latest book. The subjects discussed include caste, gender, narrative manipulation, mad elephants and men blown out of cannons.
Also check out:
1. The Courtesan, the Mahatma and the Italian Brahmin — Manu Pillai
2. The Deccan Before Shivaji — Episode 98 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Manu Pillai)
3. When Gandhi was Mohandas — Episode 104 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ram Guha)
4. Being Mahatma — Episode 105 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ram Guha)
5. The Intellectual Foundations of Hindutva — Episode 115 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Aakar Patel)