[iframe src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/11163935/height/90/width/640/theme/custom/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ff8200/” height=”90″ width=”640″]
The India of 2019 is a different country from the India of 1989. Social commentator Santosh Desai joins Amit Varma in episode 137 of The Seen and the Unseen to discuss the many ways in which we have been transformed in this time — not always for the better.
Also check out:
1. Santosh Desai’s column archives in The Times of India.
2. Mother Pious Lady: Making Sense of Everyday India — Santosh Desai
3. The Decline of Collective Trust — Santosh Desai
4. Surrounded by Screens — Santosh Desai
5. TikTok: Leave Them Kids Alone — Santosh Desai
6. The Great Indian Rope Trick — Santosh Desai
7. The Future as Flow — Santosh Desai
8. Women at Work — Ep 132 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Namita Bhandare)
9. The Indianness of Indian Food — Ep 95 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Vikram Doctor)
10. How to Escape From the Shallows — Amit Varma